Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ah, night shift.

When I first started night shift in July, my first day working off was tough, but the other days were okay. In the last month and a half, every day off has been miserable. I'm too tired to stay awake all day without feeling so, so sick, but if I sleep for even 3 hours, my body thinks I'm ready to stay up all night. When I do finally fall asleep around 9am, I can only sleep for 2-4 hours, and it's very light sleep. The whole time I'm awake, I feel so sick all day/night. Needless to say, this isn't exactly the greatest schedule for newlyweds! I'm awake and home for around 3-4 hours that Trav is awake each day, and that's not even an every day thing. There's been several nights that I've kept Trav awake by being awake, and that makes me feel terrible. Since it doesn't look like day shift will be happening any time soon, it looks like we'll just have to find ways to deal with it for now. Thankfully, Trav is super understanding and lets me sleep when I am actually sleeping. On Thanksgiving, I was up for 28 hours straight so I could get to see my family. From Monday morning to yesterday, I was up for 30 hours straight. Thankfully, I did actually sleep last night for more than 4 hours, but this is such a rough routine. We are both so blessed to have full-time jobs with great pay and have everything that we do, but boy would I ever love to go back to days!

On a side note, I made 'Chicken Spaghetti' and 'Baked Onion Rings' from Pinterest the other day and they were delish! Yall oughta repin :)

1 comment:

  1. What do you think is the direct cause of your inability to stay asleep long? Too much noise? Do you have blackout curtains? Consume caffeine late in your shift? How far before "bedtime" do you eat "dinner"?

    ReplyDelete